My Blog List

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Its the End of the World!


As you probably know, a group of Christians thought that yesterday, May 21, would be the beginning of the end of the world. The righteous would be raptured and the beginning of the end would start for the rest of the people left on Earth. It didn't happen. I didn't believe that it would but I won't lie...I stayed up and watched the clock turn from 11:59 P.M. Friday night to 12:00 A.M. Saturday morning.

Upon nothing happening I sighed, rolled over, and turned off the lamp. As I lay there I began to wish that Jesus had come. If He had we would have been on our way to Heaven, passing through endless galaxies and catching up with loved ones and talking with Jesus! He'd be telling us about our new home and be laughing and smiling. All physical ailments would be gone. Wrinkles would be smooth, old made anew.

I don't know when Jesus will come again. No one does.

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36

I feel bad for the people that put their faith in this date. I can't begin to imagine their feelings right now.

One thing we do know for sure. He IS coming back. It IS soon. Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

No comments: