My Blog List

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Camp



Its that time of year again! The time of year when kids get to go play for an entire week, young adults get to be kids again, and everyone learns more about God. Its time for SUMMER CAMP! Its hard to believe that its been a full year since I headed up into the great white north known as Wisconsin to experience something that would truly change my life. My first year at Camp Wakonda was one of the best experiences of my life. I learned so much about God and myself.

I am really excited to be going back. I have my old job back-Water Ski Director and Boys Counselor. Technically the first job's title may or may not be true but it doesn't matter. In my mind its going to be amazing!

I know though, that its going to be different from last Summer. There is a new camp director and there will be tons of new staff. Things will be different. What changes will there be? Will there be the cheesy but sincere camp plays? The small family camp feeling that pervades throughout camp? The fireside Indian stories in the woods surrounded by eight 11 year olds? The thought is a little hard to swallow. The thing I keep telling myself to calm my fears is that it doesn't matter how the atmosphere is, how the programming goes, or how the staff gets along.

The only thing that matters is Jesus. If He is first then everything will be alright. :)

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.- 1 Corinthians 15:58

No comments: