My Blog List

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Letting One's Self Go

Tomorrow camp starts. I'm feeling nervous, excited, and a million other mixed up emotions right now. To think that I'm going to be the one to show kids Jesus for a week is pretty nerve racking.

I'm a person who likes to be in control. I always like to be in control of my fate. I always want to know whats going to happen next. Where are we going? What will we do when we get there? I need to know! Now that you know this about me, you'll understand why a song hit me hard this morning. The song was "Let It Go" by Tenth Avenue North.

I've been holding on so tight
Look at these knuckles
They've gone white
I'm fighting for who I wanna be
I'm just trying to find security

But You say let it go, You say let it go
You say life is waiting for the one's who lose control
You say you will be, everything I need
You said if I lose my life it's then I'll find my soul
You say let it go

Wow. I feel that this camp is going to be different. I feel that God has been moving things around in my life so as to position me in this place for this time. I don't have any distractions or anything holding me back. God I'm letting go. I'm yours. Its scary but here we go.

No comments: