My Blog List

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 1 DONE!

Week 1 of Wakonda is done! The Junior campers that have been in this camp for the last week brought energy, frustration, and fun. Last year my experience with Junior camp was bittersweet. I had three great kids and one frustrating, homesick boy named Austin. Austin punched me in the face. Austin cried at night. Austin always demanded attention. Austin gave his heart to Jesus at the end of the week.

This year I had three kids. Kevin, Nicolas, and Dayton. Each one had their own personalities. Kevin Wilkenson was curious, funny, helpful and nerdy. Nicolas was smart, a fast learner, slightly sarcastic, and cute. Dayton was slow, sweet, and mischievousness managing to hide his Nintendo DS until snooping Kevin and Nic found it last night under his pillow.

Its crazy how much stuff I got to do in a week as a counselor. Sunday I helped set off a giant, slightly illegal firework show. Monday I jumped into a seaweed and leech infested lake to teach kids to water ski. On Tuesday I climbed down a wall in a glorified dress to escape Jericho. Wednesday I rode horses. Thursday I enjoyed a day off and taught a bunch of kids how to dance around a fire. Friday God let me help some kids get to know Him. Saturday I wore another glorified dress and led kids around 1505 Germany. I like camp.


No comments: