My Blog List

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Running...


The title to this blog isn't the flashiest or the most clever but I'm not feeling especially flashy or clever tonight so it'll have to do. Since its summer vacation I can do lots of things I haven't been able to do in some time. Over the past few days I've slept in, slacked off without feeling guilty, and caught up on my favorite TV shows. The thing that I've started again that has me the most exciting is running. During school I was never able to get a concrete schedule down so running was always an expendable. Now that tests and papers aren't a priority I can get back to a solid routine.

Its AWESOME! In the past two days I've run 12 miles. Its not the prettiest running in the world but it feels great! The cool evening air, the endorphins, the sore feet and shins... I love it all! I forgot how fun running can be!

Since it has been a while, running almost feels like a new experience. All the joys and excitement, and feelings that come to a new runner, I'm experiencing. It makes me think: What else am I missing? There could be a million other rewarding things out there waiting for me to experience but I just haven't taken the steps to accomplish them yet. This Summer I want to do some of those things. Getting out of my comfort zone is something I DREAD. BUT it usually ends well and I wonder how I ever survived without it before.

To new experiences and getting out of one's comfort zone!

No comments: