My Blog List

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Unexpected Jesus

Yesterday I met Jesus. Jesus was a straggly looking construction worker with long hair, sunken eyes, and only two visible teeth. I was at work, cleaning up a construction site in Collegedale. It was my first day on the job. I was trying hard not to offend anyone or get in anyone's way or mess up. My job was to move all the scrap wood from the house into the garage and sweep the floors. I would take scraps to the door. From the door I would throw them in a wheel borrow. I'd wheel the scraps to a dumpster behind the house, then start the whole process over.
I had taken a load of lumber to the door to throw out when the man came up to me, stared me in the eyes, and took 2 peices of wood I was about to throw out. I had taken his building materials. I felt terrible. I wheeled the remaining scraps to the dumpter and came back. When I got back I noticed something. My scrap pile had grown. The man had walked all around the room he was in and had collected all the wood he wasn't going to use and brought it to me. He had also swept the room for me. I could have hugged him.
Later that day we had a great conversation. John is a really smart guy! We talked about politics and life. He gave me a different view on life. I didn't expect to see Jesus when I went to work. I guess thats how He works. Unexpected.

No comments: