My Blog List

Monday, August 6, 2012

On creativity

"...and some how we've completely internalized and accepted collectively, this notion that creativity and suffering are some how inherently linked and that artistry, in the end, will always, ultimately lead to anguish and the question that I want to ask everybody today here is, um, are you guys all cool with that idea? Like, are you comfortable with that?" - Elizabeth Gilbert

Soooo true! One of the various reason's I've put off writing a new blog is because I am afraid of the mental pain and inevitable anguish that will go along with the putting out of something new. I guess I was a little sheepish about returning. Truthfully though, the best writing I've done (in my opinion) came in times of joy or periods of contentedness. It flowed from me. It wasn't a painful, terrible process.

Thanks Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat Pray Love. I never thought I'd be inspired by you but I've been proven wrong.

No comments: