My Blog List

Friday, July 12, 2013

I Love/Hate Chicago

Jesus was way, way ahead of his time. Either that or the human experience hasn't really changed that much in 2,000 years. Probably a combination of both. In the parable of the prodigal son Jesus tells the story of a young man who asked his dad for his inheritance and then went to the city and blew it all. I can relate to that young man. The big city has its attractions. For me the city is Chicago. There are more things to do in that dumb city than I could do in an entire lifetime. There are: coffee shops, comic shops,
record stores, restaurants, comedy clubs, improv clubs, sports teams, art galleries, art museums, history museums, kids museums, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, and amazing city parks. There are so many amazing things to do there that I feel guilty for NOT going and participating as much I can. I mean its right there. But thats ok. I'll see what I see and do what I do. Thats ok.

No comments: